Wojciech Nowanski, COO, and Muhammad Ahmmad, Creative Programmer, at Psiloc talk about developing World Traveler —an app for business and leisure travellers — for Nokia Asha Touch phones that was created using the latest Java tools from Nokia Developer.
Nowanski explains how the application arose from the frustration of not being able to get information about a delayed flight. Now World Traveler puts flights, currency, and world time information at Nowanski’s fingertips.
The app took a small team four months to produce. In addition to the features of the Nokia SDK for Java, the LWUIT was of particular benefit in speeding up the development ‘because it has a wide variety of UI components and we don’t have to worry about implementing from scratch,’ says Ahmmad.
The most significant aspect of the development was that ‘Series 40 devices are getting smarter and more powerful, allowing us to create richer applications,’ according to Ahmmad.
Create your apps for Asha Touch phones using Java: http://developer.nokia.com/java
- Create an engaging Series 40 web app in minutes with Nokia Xpress Web Apps Builder 1.0 (Featured Video)
- Movie Reviews Series 40 Web App (Featured Article)
- Series 40 Webinar: Working with persistent storage in Series 40 apps (Featured Video)
- 3D print a shell for your Nokia Phone (Featured Article)
- Series 40 Webinar: Getting Started with 3D Game Development on Nokia Series 40 Asha Phones (Featured Video)