Wojciech Nowanski, COO, and Muhammad Ahmmad, Creative Programmer, at Psiloc talk about developing World Traveler —an app for business and leisure travellers — for Nokia Asha Touch phones that was created using the latest Java tools from Nokia Developer.
Nowanski explains how the application arose from the frustration of not being able to get information about a delayed flight. Now World Traveler puts flights, currency, and world time information at Nowanski’s fingertips.
The app took a small team four months to produce. In addition to the features of the Nokia SDK for Java, the LWUIT was of particular benefit in speeding up the development ‘because it has a wide variety of UI components and we don’t have to worry about implementing from scratch,’ says Ahmmad.
The most significant aspect of the development was that ‘Series 40 devices are getting smarter and more powerful, allowing us to create richer applications,’ according to Ahmmad.
Create your apps for Asha Touch phones using Java: http://developer.nokia.com/java
- Deep Linking to Store on Nokia X (Featured Article – Nokia X)
- UI Framework for XNA and MonoGame with high DPI support (Featured Article – Windows Phone)
- AdMob on Nokia X (Featured Article – Nokia X)
- Augmented reality for fun using Nokia Imaging SDK filters (Featured Article – Windows Phone)
- Nokia X FAQ (Featured Article – Nokia X)