Wojciech Nowanski, COO, and Muhammad Ahmmad, Creative Programmer, at Psiloc talk about developing World Traveler —an app for business and leisure travellers — for Nokia Asha Touch phones that was created using the latest Java tools from Nokia Developer.
Nowanski explains how the application arose from the frustration of not being able to get information about a delayed flight. Now World Traveler puts flights, currency, and world time information at Nowanski’s fingertips.
The app took a small team four months to produce. In addition to the features of the Nokia SDK for Java, the LWUIT was of particular benefit in speeding up the development ‘because it has a wide variety of UI components and we don’t have to worry about implementing from scratch,’ says Ahmmad.
The most significant aspect of the development was that ‘Series 40 devices are getting smarter and more powerful, allowing us to create richer applications,’ according to Ahmmad.
Create your apps for Asha Touch phones using Java: http://developer.nokia.com/java
- How to use basic image processing features of AMMS (JSR-234) (Featured Article – Nokia Asha)
- Advanced Techniques for Big UI (Featured Article – Windows Phone)
- Displaying Nokia Maps in a Form in Java ME (Featured Article – Nokia Asha)
- Transfer an Image with NFC (Featured Article – Windows Phone)
- How to create a magnifying lens application in Asha platform (Featured Article – Nokia Asha)