Vishal Gondal, Managing Director of Digital, and Prasad Nair, Executive Producer, Mobile Digital, at Disney UTV talk about the exciting new opportunities they see in the Nokia Asha Touch phones and new tools for Java developers.
Based in Mumbai, India, Indiagames has already achieved 100 million downloads on Nokia Store.
For Gondal ‘the new Asha touch devices … could be a game changer for a market like India.’ While Nair sees the new ‘APIs, like gestures and sensors, (allowing users) to interact with the games in much more entertaining ways than before’. Nair is also impressed by the new Nokia SDK 2.0 for Java. In particular how the tools, such as the emulator’s orientation simulator, make developing for the new UI and hardware features found on Nokia Asha Touch phones simple and straightforward.
Create your apps for Asha Touch phones using Java: http://developer.nokia.com/java
- Create an engaging Series 40 web app in minutes with Nokia Xpress Web Apps Builder 1.0 (Featured Video)
- Movie Reviews Series 40 Web App (Featured Article)
- Series 40 Webinar: Working with persistent storage in Series 40 apps (Featured Video)
- 3D print a shell for your Nokia Phone (Featured Article)
- Series 40 Webinar: Getting Started with 3D Game Development on Nokia Series 40 Asha Phones (Featured Video)