Vishal Gondal, Managing Director of Digital, and Prasad Nair, Executive Producer, Mobile Digital, at Disney UTV talk about the exciting new opportunities they see in the Nokia Asha Touch phones and new tools for Java developers.
Based in Mumbai, India, Indiagames has already achieved 100 million downloads on Nokia Store.
For Gondal ‘the new Asha touch devices … could be a game changer for a market like India.’ While Nair sees the new ‘APIs, like gestures and sensors, (allowing users) to interact with the games in much more entertaining ways than before’. Nair is also impressed by the new Nokia SDK 2.0 for Java. In particular how the tools, such as the emulator’s orientation simulator, make developing for the new UI and hardware features found on Nokia Asha Touch phones simple and straightforward.
Create your apps for Asha Touch phones using Java: http://developer.nokia.com/java
- Orton Effect Filter Recipe (Nokia Imaging SDK) (Featured Article – Windows Phone)
- Creating Windows Phone and Window 8.1 applications using Microsoft App Studio (Featured Article – Windows Phone)
- Retro game console custom effect using Imaging SDK (Featured Article – Windows Phone)
- Integrating Disqus with Nokia X applications (Featured Article – Nokia X)
- FishEye lens filter effect (Featured Article – Windows Phone)